Re: Re: [squid-users] Persistent Connections to Parent Proxy

From: Mathias Fischer <maf_at_open.ch>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:42:19 +0200

On 28/04/11 15:12, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 28/04/11 20:19, Mathias Fischer wrote:
> Hmm, I thought we corrected that the same way in both 3.1 and 2.7.
> 3.0 and 2.6 certainly had that behaviour.

I also compared 2.6 and 3.0 -- I see the same differences as between 2.7
and 3.1.

> Pinning links one server FD per client connection, kind of an
> independent and special type of persistence. It should not be showing
> this behaviour, though yes it also will cause a multitude of server
> connections.

I was assuming, that in order to achieve connection pinning, also the
connection handling to cache peers has been changed.

> Current 2.7 and 3.1 should have (peer_IP, domain_name) as the pconn key.
> There can be multiple duplicates of course up to as many as needed to
> handle peak load (moderated by how fast the peer closes them).
> We have a re-structuring if the conn and pconn handling coming to 3.2
> shortly (a few weeks) which removes the domain name from the pconn key.

OK. I will keep an eye on that.

In the meantime we will investigate the impact of a decreased pconn timeout.

Kind regards,
Mathias