Re: [squid-users] 2 squid on the same server

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 04:09:14 +1200

On 30/04/11 02:56, J. Webster wrote:

> Is it possible to run 2 squids on the same server? I have an existing
> proxy that has ncsa auth via direct connections to the proxy. I would
> also like to route port 80 traffic from a VPN through a transparent
> proxy but without any authentication. Is this possible? I'm guessing
> I would have to block off all connections to this squid through
> iptables and only allow traffic from the VPN. It would also have to
> be a transparent proxy?

yes. yes. wrong. no it does not.

You seem very confused about Squid capabilities...

  - *add* a second http_port with "intercept" flag (or "transparent" if
its an old Squid).
   - configure iptables to pass the VPN port 80 traffic *to* that new
Squid port.
   - configure iptables to prevent direct client connections to that new
port.
   - configure squid to not ask for auth from VPN clients.

OR
  - configure the VPN clients to use Squid the same way you configure
the non-VPN ones.
  - what you do with auth is now optional.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1