Re: [squid-users] Not cache https website and content

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 14:55:34 +1200

On 01/05/11 12:48, Gary K wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using squid 3.1 with reverse proxy (accel), I work find with 3
> sites. but I find a few page with problem in one of the site. finally
> i find out that when the page using https for the user login and
> registration, squid don't have response.

Page-based login (aka form, session or cookie based login) Squid never
sees. Whether HTTP or HTTPS.

> Can squid reverse proxy only
> cache the http request and bypass the https (ssl) request for a domain
> if some of the page is ssl page.

HTTPS reverse-proxy can see and cache all content inside the HTTPS
transactions exactly like it can handle HTTP.

> That means http page cache and https
> page bypass (not cache) for one domain.

To prevent caching of a domain:

  acl example dstdomain .example.com
  cache deny example

You may be wanting HTTPS-only non-caching though:

  acl HTTPS proto HTTPS
  acl example dstdomain .example.com
  cache deny HTTPS example

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1