Re: [squid-users] x-cache header

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 00:14:12 +1200

On 01/05/11 20:59, jiluspo wrote:
> squid running stable and we don't need the x-cache(or perhaps hide the
> proxy)..
> is it ok to remove from the source code?

Yes. It is there for your use in tuning the caching if you wish and
possible debugging why some objects may be incomplete or broken. Feel
free to remove if you wish.

> i'm minimising the acl therefore I coudnt use header_access.
>
> by the way how many percent would reduce if we use external acl?

"How long is a piece of string?" Something more than zero. Start an
infinite loop inside the script and it will consume 100%. Those are the
only knowns.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1