RE: [squid-users] Does any cache in a proxy chain but the last one need to resolve URLs?

From: Jannis Kafkoulas <jasecml_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 10:32:23 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the hint! I'll check it too. I think, we should also replace the ip dsts within all of the intermediate caches by domain names thus saving all of the unnecessary dns lookups (about 80% --> Internet). Yes, we have a local caching dns. ----- Ursprüngliche Mail ---- Von: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com> An: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org Gesendet: Samstag, den 30. April 2011, 12:39:56 Uhr Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: [squid-users] Does any cache in a proxy chain but the last one need to resolve URLs? On 30/04/2011 11:58, Jannis Kafkoulas wrote: > OK, I see! > > Thanks very much! dont you have a local caching dns? if you dont it's one of the basics recommendations. and another good thing is to change the udp and tcp times on the linux kernel\sysctl. i dont remember the basic TCP settings for close_wait and others but they are way too much for any usage i know. also the udp ones are way to high for dns and other services and a faster network then a 5 MB. Eliezer