Re: [squid-users] squid config help required

From: Colin Coe <colin.coe_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 10:13:28 +0800

Is anyone using squirm successfully with squid v3.1.x? I can't get
anything to match

Questions
- Does the url_rewrite_program work correctly in 3.1.4?
- At what stage are URLs passed to url_rewrite_program?
- I believe I need to rewrite in both directions, can I do this with
url_rewrite_program?

Looking at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_program/,
are the changes to the explanatory text below correct/better?

---
-Specify the location of the executable for the URL rewriter.
+Specify the location of the executable URL rewriter to use.
 Since they can perform almost any function there isn't one included.
-For each requested URL rewriter will receive on line with the format
+For each requested URL, the rewriter will receive one line with the format
---
The documentation may be clear, but it isn't clear to me.
Apologies to the continuing questions on this.
CC
--
RHCE#805007969328369