Re: [squid-users] problem with 1 site?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:26:23 +1200

 On Tue, 3 May 2011 11:49:45 -0500, Brian Tuley wrote:
> I've got a squid proxy server 2.7 on an Ubuntu 64 (10.04.02) server.
> 4gb ram, plenty of drive space...
>
> It runs all of my 200 users just fine... Except for 1 site.
> When I go to the site below, it comes up in a browser (IE), then just
> dies after a few navigations.
> When I remove Squid proxy from the equation, the site is slow, but
> not horrible.
>
> When using squid, I get the site, click a few links then it seems to
> time out.
>
> Any suggestions on improving performance? Is it squid or the site?

 redbot.org shows a few annoyance problems with that URL and everything
 loaded. Mostly just headers which Squid will ignore, or cause Squid not
 to optimize the traffic.

 http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js has major issues though with
 ETag variants. Being a script that could be the cause if one of the
 corrupt versions coming back is locking up IE.

  I was not able to test the other bits being pulled from Akamai HTTPS
 servers. That pull is taking over a minute in your trace so may also be
 part of the problem.

 Amos