Re: [squid-users] modify the delay_pools at fly

From: Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo <charlie.mtp_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:38:43 -0400

2011/5/4 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:
> On 05/05/11 03:35, Carlos Manuel Trepeu Pupo wrote:
>>
>> I tried in previous post to change the established connection when the
>> time of the delay_pool change. Amos give me 3 solution and now I'm
>> trying with QoS, but I have this idea:
>>
>> If I have 2, 3 or the count of squid.conf that I could need, and with
>> one script I make squid3 -k reconfigure. That not finish any active
>> connection and apply the changes, what do you think?
>
> It is favoured by some. Has the slight side effect of "forgetting" the delay
> pool assigned on older Squid versions.

What do you mean about "forget" the delay_pool?

>> Remember that I have Ubuntu 10.04 with Squid 3 STABLE1. This night
>
> 10.04 and "3.0.STABLE1"? dude!

lol I'm now deploying Debian 6, but I don't want to install squid
until I solved my problems.

>> when my users gone I gonna try !! Tomorrow I tell you, but if someone
>> tried this, please, send the result, so i can use my time in QoS.
>
> Amos
> --
> Please be using
>  Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.12
>  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1

Now I just tried the -k reconfigure, but something strange happen, so
I backup my squid.conf and in the new one I just put this delay_pool:
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 10240/10240
delay_access 1 allow all

With this parameters the speed shouldn't be more than 10 KB, but I can
see in my firewall the proxy reaches speeds until 32 KB, I guess there
are just peaks, but if I have 100 clients, and all them make these
peaks, then my DSL will be saturated.