[squid-users] [Help] Reverse Proxy: suspend bulk requests for invalid urls

From: Le Trung Kien <kienlt_at_vietnamnet.vn>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 15:58:48 +0700

Hi, we're trying Squid v3 for reverse proxy using, and explore that we
receive too many access requests for old invalid URLs from client and
this makes our Squid Caches slow down our original servers by
attempting sending requests to retrieve information from original
servers.

This is from our squid cache.log:

WARNING: HTTP: Invalid Response: No object data received for
invalid_urls AKA invalid_urls

I have questions that:
Is there any way to delay or suspend squid's responding for these
repeated requests after certain times squid cannot retrieve content
for invalid URLs and return a default error page ?

Kien Le.