[squid-users] apt-get update issue on Client machine in LAN

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 05:15:09 +0530

Hi,

I have a issue wherein when i list lynx
http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu and then browse the directories, I do
not get further listing on the client machine in LAN but when i run it
on the Gateway which runs squid it works perfectly fine Any clue I
have cleared the squid cache too and have restarted it still no luck.
Sometime back I have setup squid deb proxy and then onwards this
problem has occurred.

when i run apt-get update on any one of the LAN machine, I get the
below issue. I suspect it as a proxy issue.

97% [2 Translation-en_IN bzip2 0] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for
headers]bzip2: (stdin) is not a bzip2 file.

Please suggest.

Regards

Kaushal