RE: [squid-users] bug 1991/1939 and kqueue

From: Ming Fu <Ming.Fu_at_watchguard.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 13:22:50 +0000

My SSL is OpenSSL 0.9.8n.

Looking at the epoll code, the logic seems that if read is pending, the squid needs something to trigger a read on the socket that is pending. But as there might not be incoming data to push kqueue/epoll into a read event for a long time. The code instead asking for a write event. The write event is almost sure an immediate trigger as the chance of write buffer full is low. However, once the write triggers and the read pending is on, a read callback is called instead of write.

I will put in the epoll logic to kqueue. Will report its effect.

Ming