Re: [squid-users] "Filemap bits in use" with squidclient mgr:storedir

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:27:50 +1200

On 14/05/11 00:23, Tom Tux wrote:
> Hi
>
> What does the entry "Filemap bits in use" with "squidclient
> mgr:storedir" means? What happens, if this is running nearly 100% or
> exactly 100%?

This describes the available file entries which may be stored in that
cache_dir. "$used of $max ($percent)"

If it gets too full Squid will start erasing things from the cache to
make room. If it gets to 100% I believe Squid will slow down accepting
new traffic and go into high CPU consumption to purge data for the
traffic it can accept.
  cache_swap_high and cache_swap_low percentages should come into effect
when they match the "bits in use" percentage and control this before it
gets near 100% though.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1