Re: [squid-users] fail over to parent proxy doesn't work for https

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 03:36:58 +1200

On 18/05/11 20:27, Leo Tao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As mentioned in help,
> By combining nonhierarchical_direct off and prefer_direct on you can
> set up Squid to use a parent as a backup path if going direct fails.
> I did the following configuration to use parent proxy ,
>
> cache_peer_access proxy_parent.test.com allow all
> nonhierarchical_direct off
> prefer_direct on
> connect_timeout 5 seconds
>
> It works fine for http GET request. But doesn't work for https
> (CONNECT) request. https access will always try direct.
> Any idea about that?

CONNECT handling is a bit simplistic. It only tries one path before
giving up.
Fixing this is a big task. So far we have tracked down and fixed several
of the state bugs which fixing this will depend on. Any further help is
appreciated.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1