Re: [squid-users] Squid3 and Exchange 2003 Web Access

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 13:22:18 -0400

What version of Squid3 are you using? Because 3.1.X has a feature
called "connection pinning" that is required for web-based NTLM
authentication to a website, which is separate from the proxy auth.

>>> Stefanos Vizikidis <svizikidis_at_gmail.com> 5/18/2011 12:59 PM >>>
I tried reaching the same Outlook Web Access from outside of the
netwrok through a Squid with no authentication at all and i get the
same results, so i assume that ntlm authentication is not the case.

I don't know if i am not really into the point. Correct me if
disabling ntlm auth will do something else besides what i describe
above.

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Eliezer Croitoru
<eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com> wrote:
> disable the NTLM auth for the exchange and local servers..
>
> if they are protected with passwords already and they are
internal\specific
> use you can disable for these servers
> the need for squid AUTHENTICATION.
>

> On 18/05/2011 11:05, Stefanos Vizikidis wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have recently set up a Squid3 using also Kerberos and NTLM
>> authentication for integration with Active Directory Services.
>> My only problem is that the users cannot access the Outlook Web
>> Access. They get two different login windows and then an Error
Access
>> Denied.
>> I have seen that a lot of people have the same issue but i cannot
find
>> a solution as Exchange 2003 is rather old.
>> Any help will be good.
>> If anything needed from the logs i would be glad to post it.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."