RE: [squid-users] Forward loop detected: what does this mean?

From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio_at_piramide.ch>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 14:36:43 +0200

Hy Amos...

[cut]

> .. or in this case, it appears, some security penetration
> testing software. Somehow installed on a users PC.
>
> > Here you can find trace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ij5qpe
> >

> Sorry, that seems to be a summary packet log. Just confirms

Sorry, I just took over your previously suggested command (tcpdump
-s0)...

> that the PC and Squid are chattering away. I need it to be a
> full binary packet dump. The binary bit is saved with -w to a file.
> So "tcpdump -s0 -w infected-dump.cap" should grab the bit I
> need to look at.
> If its already cleaned up thats fine. This is just for my
> interest to confirm details.

Well, "cleaned" in terms of "I removed McAfee Suite", yes! :-)

[cut]

> Could be "McAfee Network Security Agent" doing a network-wide
> scan/check?

Well, maybe! But that's weird behaviour... why should my "protection
suite" scan my whole subnet on port 80?

Kind regards,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL