[squid-users] WCCP - cache_peer

From: viswanathan sekar <waytoviswa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:49:57 +0530

Hello All,

We are having five squid servers configured in load balancing using
wccp. An acl is configured to pass some clients to a cache_peer
address address in all 5 servers while rest of the clients
may not use cache_peer. We need every request to 5 servers must check
against rest of the servers for cache hit, i hope all squid servers
can be configured as sibling of each other by doing so whether the
requests which are supposed to pass through cache_peer will bypass
cache_peer?,

Attached a proxy1 configuration, please share your views.

cache_peer filter.com  parent 3128 7 no-query no-digest default name=peers
acl peer src 172.16.1.0/24
cache_peer_access peers allow peer
cache_peer px2.example.com sibling 3128 7 no-query proxy-only round-robin
cache_peer px3.example.com sibling 3128 7 no-query proxy-only round-robin
cache_peer px4.example.com sibling 3128 7 no-query proxy-only round-robin
cache_peer px5.example.com sibling 3128 7 no-query proxy-only round-robin

Thanks
-Viswa