Re: [squid-users] squid configuration information

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 20:43:14 +1200

On 24/05/11 20:12, francescoboccacci_at_dont-contact.us wrote:
> Hi to all,
> i'm of the squid world. I have some question for you. I explain my problem.
> I have an application, intalled in one server A, that use openlayer library
> for load data tiles from a second server B.The second one server have 3
> server
> alias name:
>
> a.mydomain.eu
> b.mydomain.eu
> c.mydomain.eu
>
> i would like to use squid proxy web cache in a third server where i would
> like
> to cache the tiles that are just requests. I would like to configure it in
> acceletion mode, set port 80 in listen for the proxy socket, so fo the
> client
> is all trasparent.
> How i can configure it? the configuration it will seems like that:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_Proxy/squid

The last line of that tutorial is the best description of what it is about:
   "Thats all, now you have own tile server."

If I understand your goal, yes the tutorial is what you want to follow.
You have the choice of using the same server as the tutorial. Or of
using the B server host name (real one, not an alias) for the cache_peer.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1