Re: [squid-users] always_direct and url_rewrite

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 02:11:54 +1200

On 27/05/11 00:58, Andreas Moroder wrote:
> Hello
>
> we, a public hospital, have following configuration in our squid
> 2.7.STABLE4

Please look at moving to 2.7.STABLE9 at minimum. There are many
important fixes included there.

> acl localsites dstdomain .se-nord.provinz.bz.it www.sb-brixen.it
>
> always_direct allow localsites
> http_access allow localsites
>
> url_rewrite_program /opt/ourrewriter
> url_rewrite_children 30
>
> All the requests, event those directed to a "localsites" site , that
> have alway_direct access, are rewriten by our rewriter.

Yes. always_direct only determines whether your cache_peer entries are
allowed to be used to fetch from. You don't mention any so I assume it
is actually useless for you.

The re-writer is used to determine *what* URL those requests are asking for.

> Is there a way to configure squid the way it does not pass this sites to
> the rewriter ?

url_rewrite_access controls what goes to the helper.

If I may, what purpose is this re-writer serving?

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1