Re: [squid-users] Squid uses way too much RAM and starts swapping ...

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 00:15:52 +1200

On 30/05/11 20:07, guest01 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Any news on this topic? Unfortunately, RAM is running full within days
> and at the moment, our workaround is to do a reboot ... We would
> appreciate any other solution!
>
> thanks,
> peter

:) I was just looking at this bug again today.

:( still no seriously good ideas.

Is there any way at all you can run one of these Squid under valgrind
and get a report of what its memory is doing?
  Even if valgrind is just built in to squid. The info report gains a
lot of extra memory stats and leak report without having to stop squid
running.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1