Re: [squid-users] Sharing ACL Lists between different squids

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 14:54:26 +1200

On 31/05/11 05:33, Stefan Jensen wrote:
> Hi,...
>
> Am Freitag, den 27.05.2011, 20:10 +1200 schrieb Amos Jeffries:
>
>> * It is NOT possible to load whole lines of config from any source
>> other than a config file on disk.
>
> I decided to use a special local folder for all my changing ACL's and
> syncing it every hour from the main squid box via rsync. Seems the
> easiest and most stable way.
>
> Is there any caveat doing a "squid -k reconfigure" via cron every hour?

Some paused downtime while the config is re-processed. Usually very
fast, but if you have a lot of config lines of things needing DNS
resolution (domain names in dst ACL etc) it can be some seconds.

> Can squid do some sanity check on the ACL-files? e.g. don't load, if
> the files are corrupt? (if rsync fails)

Run squid -k parse before the reconfigure. That will display detected
problems needing resolving. After fixing fatal changes its worth running
again to ensure nothing got lost from after the fatal issue.

If you just do a full reconfigure Squid will stop running on any serious
brokenness.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.7 and 3.1.12.1