[squid-users] cache object sizes

From: E.S. Rosenberg <esr+squid_at_g.jct.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:10:08 +0300

Hi all,
Does having different maximum sizes for objects in memory and objects
saved on the disk cache have a negative influence on performance or is
using squid that way good/recommended?

The default squid.conf sets both to 4MB, but I'd like to also cache
larger objects (like smaller youtube movies) so it seems to me that
allowing larger objects in the disk cache will enable squid to cache
the larger objects and serve them without the need for them to live in
RAM filling the alloted RAM fast and causing more swapping then
necessary.

Currently I set the max. disk cache object size to 20MB and memory
cache I left at 4MB.

Regards and thanks,
Eli