[squid-users] Re: Squid 3.1.12 times out when trying to access MSDN

From: Pandu Poluan <pandu_at_poluan.info>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 20:09:34 +0700

(First of all, I apologize profusely for top-posting; Gmail Java
Mobile client for Symbian can only top-post)

There seems to be a glimpse of light for my situation... In the
netfilter mailing list, there's someone having a problem similar to
mine, i.e., unable to access some websites but no problem with other
websites.

His web proxy is behind a firewall who was DROPping packets incoming
to TCP/80. When he changed the rule to ACCEPT, those websites work.
(Although there weren't *any* process listening on TCP/80).

I am going to experiment with my firewall rules on Monday.

Rgds,

On 2011-05-31, Pandu Poluan <pandu_at_poluan.info> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 17:32, Pandu Poluan <pandu_at_poluan.info> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 17:25, Pandu Poluan <pandu_at_poluan.info> wrote:

> -- 8< ---- 8< ---- 8< ---- 8< ---- 8< --
>

>> I've specified "dns_v4_fallback on" explicitly (it was not specified
>> previously) and even replaced the miss_access lines with "miss_access
>> allow all".
>>
>> Still failing on those problematic pages.
>>

> No other bright ideas? :-(
>
> --
> Pandu E Poluan
> ~ IT Optimizer ~