Re: [squid-users] RE: url rewriting

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:08:56 +1200

On 07/06/11 23:31, Fernández Vilas, Julio Angel wrote:
> Does anyone knows in which squid version are the kvparis available for use in a url rewrite program?

All 2.7 and later.

> "url_rewrite_program" parameter documentation uses the words "in the future" since version 2.7.

Unclear documentation unfortunately. What it means is that other
key=value pairs will be added in future. BUT, we plan on making no
guarantee about things like the names and order. So when writing a
helper don't assume the current ones to be the only ones ever used.

It can and will vary in order as well depending on the squid version. So
scan for the keys you want and ignore others.

If you have a particular key=value you want sent please bring a feature
request up for discussion in the squid-dev mailing list with the case
for why it needs to be added.

  Keep in mind that in current Squid the set of kv must fit inside a
limited size including the full URL. So sending details like the body
content or headers is not an option.
   If you need that much detail use eCAP/ICAP adaptation which are
designed for it.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2