Re: [squid-users] A way/hack to force squid to die?

From: Tom Tux <tomtux80_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 08:51:13 +0200

From squid.conf.documented:
--- SNIP ---
# TAG: cache_mgr
# Email-address of local cache manager who will receive
# mail if the cache dies. The default is "webmaster."
#Default:
# cache_mgr webmaster
--- SNAP ---

As I understand, squid will send a mail to the defined mail-recipient,
if squid recognize that something is hardly wrong and so he will die.
An hereby my question: How can I force squid to die (not "kill -9" or
"kill -15" because this will kill squid immediately respectively
shutdown squid commonly) to check that this mail will be sent?

Many thanks.
Tom