Re: [squid-users] Squid and DNS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 01:38:05 +1200

On 10/06/11 21:10, ML Alasta wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have two Squid which make all requests DNS with the same source port.
> This comportent entraine problems with my load balancer.
> Are there a solution for random the source port of all DNS requests ?

Squid choses a random DNS port every startup, and should also on every
reconfigure as well, but I have not checked that.

Getting two to pick the same number out of 64K possibilities is
remarkable coincidence. Unless you have patches causing it.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.8 and 3.1.12.2