RE: [squid-users] bandwith restriction

From: Ragheb Rustom <ragheb_at_smartelecom.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:29:59 +0300

Hi Benjo,

To be able to shape per ip per subnets you will need to use delay pools as follows: (I am using this on squid 2.7)

Delay_pools 1
Delay_class 1 2
Delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 64000/64000 (this shapes ur traffic for 512kbps/user)
Acl throttle_subnet1 src 192.168.x.x/24
Delay_access 1 allow throttle_subnet1
Delay_access 1 deny all

Take care banjo that for order for this to work all your client ips must hit the cache directly and not reach the cache through a nat rule otherwise your squid will see that all your web traffic is coming from one single ip and thus it will shape all your inner lan traffic as one ip and thus all your inner will be shaped to just 512kbps.

Hope this is clear enough for you.

Sincerely,

Ragheb Rustom
Smart Telecom S.A.R.L