RE: [squid-users] squid is modifying Host header

From: Sean SPALDING <s.spalding_at_ecu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:41:59 +0800

Hi Amos,

> have to have port ":8443" as the destination port. Since origin requests
> have the domain:port part in the Host: header

A minor correction here. The SSL offload device (Nortel Application Switch) does some networking magic so neither the originating request nor the forwarded request has a port in the Host header. HTTPS requests arrive on 443, get decrypted and passed through to 8443 as HTTP.

> If you want Squid to fake the arriving port back to 80 use "vport=80" on
> the http_port 8443 line.

I'll try this.

> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.12

Unfortunately I've tried 2.7.STABLE9-1.el5 and the SSL offload device doesn't properly recognise the response.

Regards,

Sean.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B