[squid-users] [reverse proxy] ESTABLISHED on squid server

From: Le Trung, Kien <trungkien.le_at_vietnamnet.vn>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 17:54:19 +0700

Hi, I trouble about how to reduce the ESTABLISHED statuses of connections.
It always have approximately 6300 ESTABLISHED connections when server
at high load time of the day and just reduce below 1000 ESTABLISHED in
the midnight.

      1 established)
      1 Foreign
      5 FIN_WAIT2
      6 LISTEN
     11 CLOSING
     43 SYN_RECV
     63 LAST_ACK
    237 FIN_WAIT1
   1331 TIME_WAIT
   6258 ESTABLISHED

I wonder how to free the connection after data all been tranferred
between squid server and clients. (I think squid keeps connections as
much as possible).
On another web server (same operating system and hardware, etc ...)
which has the same connections to (because of DNS round-robin) the
ESTABLISH connections are range from 2000-3000.

Best Regards.