Re: [squid-users] Squid DNS Issues

From: Richard Zulu <richardzulu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 13:45:05 +0300

Thank you Amos,

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 2:17 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 08:05:59 +0300, Richard Zulu wrote:
>>
>> Hey,
>> I have squid version 3.1.9 working as a web forward proxy serving
>> close to 500 users with over 54000 requests every other day.
>> However, of recent, it is failing to communicate with the DNS Server
>> completely which leads to few requests being completed.
>> This has led to a long queue as to the requests supposed to be
>> completed which later causes squid to hang.
>> Shifting the very users to another squid cache causes similar
>> problems. What could be the issue here?
>> Some of the errors generated in the cache.log are here below:
The NAT Failure below and the queue congestion is causing my proxy
server to hang.

However, I have read the link, I DNAT all the traffic to port 80 for
my users to my proxyserver
All the users surf using private IPs on their machines with one public
IP on the gateway, which is where i do the DNAT to squid.
How best can i separate normal traffic from NATTED traffic to my squid
on my gateway and what might be causing NON-Natted traffic to show up
in my proxy, is it a NAT Vulnerability?