Re: [squid-users] Unbounded memory growth when running on a Virtuozzo VPS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 13:33:43 +1200

On 03/07/11 07:23, Will Roberts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running about 50ish squids on different machines, and they work
> great except for 4 of them. The 4 I'm having problems with are running
> on Debian 6 in a Virtuozzo VPS.
>
> Kernel: 2.6.18-028stab070.5
> Squid3: 3.1.6-1.2
<snip>
> I guess my question is, how do I control how much RAM squid uses? I can
> provide my full config and the full cachemgr output if needed, and any
> other information that might help. I also have a 224MB core dump from
> one of the machines if it would help track down where the memory is
> being used.

There are a few memory leaks and resource over-consumption problems
resolved since 3.1.6. Please try the 3.1.12 package from Debian
Wheezy/Testing repositories.

If the problem persists with that newer version we will have more
interest in finding the remaining unsolved problem(s).

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.9