RE: [squid-users] Squid terminates when my network goes down

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 01:50:13 +0000

> Is this a bug? If the network is down, shouldn't squid just generate
> an error page, like ERR_CONNECT_FAIL, and not collapse like this?

Logically, how would you expect squid to convey ERR_CONNECT_FAIL to the client if the network is down?

I can think of only one case where this might make sense -- client connects from localhost to a squid listening on localhost but going out on other interface... which would mean a very isolated case of use for a cache like squid.

Jenny