RE: [squid-users] Squid terminates when my network goes down

From: Jenny Lee <bodycare_5_at_live.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 08:53:10 +0000

How can you expect *machineS* to get a response from squid if network is down?

If squid is listening on localhost, the only client that can connect to it is the one on that machine. Any other client cannot connect to it. This would be a very isolated case I believe (squid after all is a cache, you might as well use your browser's cache for that purpose). No point in running squid for only 1 client.

But I have not used squid windows, so I would not know the behaviour. Moreoever, I have not used squid in an environment where there is no internet connectivity 24/7.

Another user pointed out that his squid on linux runs fine when network goes down. So this might be something with Windows.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/windows_ipaddrchangemonitor/

windows_ipaddrchangemonitor on

Have you tried turning this config value this on/off?

Jenny