[squid-users] Squid 3.2.0.9 problems and special reverse proxy configuration

From: niemidc <nabble_at_dcn.tuxers.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:27:11 -0700 (PDT)

I really have two things I'd like to ask about.

1) I'm using Squid 3.2.0.x for a use that will eventually be a production
use, but not right away. SMP is quite a desirable feature for us. What
shape is 3.2 in these days? 3.2.0.9 seems pretty badly broken, the two
backwards strncmp() calls that were also in 3.1 seem to have afflicted it
too, without a release fixing it yet. I also seem to have found a backwards
assert() call, and even after fixing these three it is not working for me.
Is 3.2 in a huge amount of churn, with lots of new features that are not yet
tested? Or should it be starting to stabilize soon?

2) What I'm trying to do is have Squid listen to a bunch of ports,
potentially over 100, and use a corresponding group of content servers at
the back end. The content must be carefully segregated and we can't afford
to let any of it get mixed up. I'm using memory caching only, no disk. I
haven't found a very simple way of doing this, but in 3.2.0.2 I was able to
do something like this (in this case for port 3333):

http_port 127.0.0.1:3333 intercept
acl www3333 mypport 3333
cache_peer origin.corresponding.to.3333.com parent 80 0 originserver
no-digest round-robin no-query name=server3333
cache_peer_access server3333 deny !www3333

Can anyone think of a more streamlined way to directly correlate an incoming
port with an origin server (or group of origin servers) than this?