Re: [squid-users] How to create an ACL matching patterns from an URL

From: Supratik Goswami <supratik.goswami_at_webyog.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 18:56:12 +0530

Hello Amos,

I checked the documentation, it is working fine when I match only the domain.

acl forbiddenURLs url_regex -i "/etc/squid/forbiddenURL.txt"
http_access deny forbiddenURLs

Any domain name I put in the forbiddenURL.txt is working fine.

for example: .example.com can block everything for that domain.

It is not working when the request is redirected to the HTTPS page
(home.php) after the login
page of that domain when I modify the expression to include
".example.com/home.php".

Is there any way I can validate my acl statements against the URL ?
(I want to know if I am doing it correctly).

Regards

Supratik