RE: [squid-users] data transfer restriction

From: Ragheb Rustom <ragheb_at_smartelecom.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:55:31 +0300

Dear Benjamin,

What you need to do such kind of bandwidth quota is to use a radius server with your NAS (this is NAS related usually not squid related although as Amos mentioned before squid can do some speed throttling using Delay Pools which is very useful if your international bandwidth is expensive.) Free radius is one of the most widely used radius servers with GPL license. There are some commercial products using Free radius that have integrated such functions into their own setup of their billing servers with a nice web gui that make programming things in free radius much easier (but since it is commercial then you will have to buy a license to be able to use it.) If however you have the free time you can program all that you asked for into free radius.

I can point out some systems that I have tested based on free radius if you like to.

Sincerely,

Ragheb Rustom
Keblon S.A.R.L