[squid-users] configuration of Squid for high cache gain

From: benjamin fernandis <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:16:51 +0200

Hello Friends,

We are going to deploy squid for getting high performance caching gain
capability.Currently we are going to plan a demo for squid caching at
one isp place.

isp has 1500-2000 users.

H/w specification:
Quad Core Xeon 3.06 Ghz Processor
32 GB ram
2 TB sata hdd

OS : CENTOS 6

Requirement:

We need to deploy full tproxy squid feature and want to gain high
cache performance.And we are trying squid for cache gain only.

So please guide me that what are the perameters , i must have to look
after to gain more caheing performance.And how much RAM i can assign
to squid.This box is only for squid cache so there is no other
processes occupy memory.And also suggest me other standard squid
parameter , which i must need to tune for enhancing more caching.

Current Setup :

As per ISP:

for bandwith mgmt., they are using commercial bandwith management
devices as NAS and for AAA they are using radius.

So for TPROXY , do i need to deploy squid box at bridge mode ? or do i
deploy it as external device ( only forward web traffic from NAS to
squid box) ?

So please guide me for my above request.And also suggest your suggestions.

Regards,
Benjamin Fernandis