Re: [squid-users] Getting SARG to show usernames instead of IP

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:21:47 -0400

Simple answer: SARG (or any log analyzer) requires Squid to post
usernames in the access log, by using authentication helpers. I am not
certain if this can be done in Transparent or Intercept mode at all.

>>> chinner999 <chinner999_at_gmail.com> 7/20/2011 12:11 PM >>>
Hi guys,
I have SARG running and the reports shows usage per user by ip address.
 How do I get it to show username instead? The users are using Active
Directory.

I don't have Squid configured for any authentication currently.

Ubuntu v10.04
Sarg v2.2.7.1
Squid v3.1.6 - transparent

Thanks.

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."