Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 - Cento 6 - don't display flash player

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:31:31 +1200

On 25/07/11 18:16, Franco, Battista wrote:
> Hello
> On the server there isn't firewall rules I disabled them.
> On my corporate lan there is a firewall and the only way to surfing is
> to use the parent proxy (so I used the cache_peer directive).
> But in access.log I see that all request with DIRECT/x.x.x.x are KO and
> the requeste with DEFAUL_PARENT/Proxy_Parent was OK.
> The question is : why are there DIRECT/x.x.x.x request instead of
> DEFAULT_PARENT/Proxy_Parent?

Aha. The parent proxy being a big clue.

IMPORTANT: I seriously suggest upgrading away from squid-2.6 before
doing the following.

Check your config for the directive hierarchy_stoplist. By default it
bypasses peers for dynamic URLs. You need to remove it.

You will also need to turn nonhierarchical_direct OFF to allow POST,
CONNECT etc through the parent.

PS. your mailer needs an upgrade or fix as well by way it mangles "Re:"
subject lines.

Amos

--
Please be using