Re: [squid-users] sackick.com

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:45:31 +1200

 On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:05:45 +0530, Prasanth Madhavan wrote:
> On 7/25/11 5:01 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 25/07/11 19:34, Prasanth Madhavan wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> I tried accessing sackick using squid and it takes a loot of time
>>> connect. About a minute. And when i used wireshark, it said
>>> tcpchecksum
>>> error. What is going on?
>>
>> Something is screwing with the TCP packets. "tcpchecksum errors" are
>> happening. Look that up. This is way outside of Squid.
>>
>> Amos
> Wen i use without squid, it loads normally. but with squid its way
> slow.

 Something is screwing with the TCP packets. That is what "tcpchecksum
 errors" means. Literally, right down at the binary 1's and 0's level
 some 1's and 0's are around the wrong way. Squid does not do anything
 that deep down in the networking.

 "Slowness" can be caused by a great many things. TCP errors is one
 major cause, packets have to be repeated over and over until they
 succeed that wastes time. There may be other problems. But fix the
 problem you can find and check for other things afterwards if it
 continues.

 Amos