Re: [squid-users] Dropping client connections

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:28:18 +1200

On 10/08/11 01:04, a bv wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On a proxy serving to many clients , how can we drop a clients
> connection ? especially to an url ? Im not talking about generally
> appliying an url filter, talking about a current -live connection.
>

> Regards

Can't be done inside Squid (yet). You need to do it at the TCP level.

Sending a RST packet to the Squid TCP socket which the client is using
for that connection is probably the most effective way. Depending on the
squid version that port number might be visible in the active_clients
cache manager report page. As the "peer: " details next to the URL.
   squidclient -h $squid mgr:active_requests

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10