[squid-users] quick question about squid proxy

From: Nathan Rice <nathan.alexander.rice_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 17:45:10 -0400

Hello all,

I apologize if I missed this when I was perusing the squid
documentation. I am looking for caching proxy with the ability to
transparently authenticate at a remote site on behalf of users. For
example, a user requests page X, which requires a password; the squid
server fetches this page on behalf of the user, providing canned
credentials when required; squid then serves this page to the user
without requiring any password.

Is this possible with squid? If so, could someone kindly point me to
the relevant section of the documentation?

Thank you,

Nathan Rice