[squid-users] Re: Can Squid Load Balancing be Dynamic/Conditional against SNMP Monitoring?

From: Billie Martin <ex.wife.billie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:50:46 -0500

I meant to include the documentation that I had found on this:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompleteFaq#SquidFaq.2BAC8-RelatedSoftware.Load_Balancers

... including:

Pen: http://siag.nu/pen/
Linux Virtual Server: http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
Keepalived: http://www.keepalived.org/
VRRPd: http://off.net/~jme/vrrpd/

Pen looks promising - anyone use it? Does it work WITH Squid or as an
alternative? I like that "It allows several servers to appear as one
to the outside and automatically detects servers that are down and
distributes clients among the available servers. This gives high
availability and scalable performance. The load balancing algorithm
keeps track of clients and will try to send them back to the server
they visited the last time."