Re: [squid-users] Re: Sudden error (1067) when starting squid service W2K3

From: Rhys Evans <rhys.evans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 12:09:27 +1200

On 25 May 2011 19:17, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On 25/05/11 14:10, Rhys Evans wrote:
>>
>> Seeing as I don't have any neighbour caches, I set htcp_port 0 and
>> things seem to be OK. It still seems odd that this issue came up, I'm
>> wondering if maybe some Windows update altered some behaviour in
>> regard to allowing the binding required?
>
> Looks similar to the Linux problem when Squid is not started as root (no permission to open its listening sockets).
>
> Since it was working before, there may be some registry change around permissions involved. Possibly from the update or corruption from eth crash you mentioned. Figuring out what and how is the tricky part.
>

> Amos

We've just had a few more power cuts and also more updates. A new
error came up which stopped squid from starting.

The error is:
commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 15 to *:3130: (10013) WSAEACCES,
Permission denied.
FATAL: Cannot open ICP Port"

I set ICP to 0 and it now seems to be running OK but I'm not sure if
that's desirable and it just seems strange that a config will work for
a while and then fail. I couldn't find out much else on the topic but
maybe I'm not searching for the right terms.