Re: [squid-users] Re: no Cache with Squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:00:11 +1200

 On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:43:13 -0700 (PDT), diedo wrote:
> Hello I've Subscribed too many times .. please reply to it ...

 Reply to what? This is your first post to the squid-users _email list_
 run by *squid-cache.org*. There is only one subscription needed, to
 register your email with the squid-cache mailserver.

> --

 Ah, Nabble. Once again fooling people into thinking they they are in a
 "forum", or handing over personal data from something free to view from
 the source.

 And the answer to the question you posted on that web page is NO.

 The long version:
  You don't need 2 NIC. All you need is for cacheable traffic to go
 through Squid. From your log trace that is not happening. Your
 configuration file shows you have set the amount of storage space
 permitted for cache use to zero bytes. Thus nothing can be stored. Thus
 nothing can be re-used out of that non-existent storage.

 Amos