[squid-users] anyone describe the model of how Squid manage the memory?

From: Raymond Wang <rmn190_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:26:39 +0800

hi, all:
   I am new to Squid, and I am assigned to learn how Squid manage to
memory, in order to make best use of the Squid.
   there are some problems about the memory management for Squid:

   1, if two files have the same content, such as two Javascript
files,  then how Squid deal with the two files in memory? dose it
treat it as one file and keep the two file name somewhere?
   2, how does the Squid define the level of hot data? and what is the
distribution strategy of hot data like?and How can I affect the
distribution strategy ?

thanks.