Re: [squid-users] squid performance tunning

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 01:12:57 +1200

On 18/08/11 22:53, Kaiwang Chen wrote:
> 2011/8/18 Amos Jeffries<squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:
>> On 18/08/11 19:40, Drunkard Zhang wrote:
>>>
>>> 2011/8/18 Chen Bangzhong:

<snip>

>> All traffic goes through either RAM cache or if its bigger than
>> maximum_object_size_in_memory will go through disks.
>>
>> From that info report ~60% of your traffic bytes are MISS responses. A large
>> portion of that MISS traffic is likely not storable, so will be written to
>> cache then discarded immediately. Squid is overall mostly-write with its
>> disk behaviour.
>
> Will a "cache deny" matching those non-storable objects suppress
> storing them to disk?
> And HTTP header 'Cache-Control: no-store' ?

"no-store" header and "cache deny" directive have the same effect on
your Squid. Both erase existing stored objects and erase the newely
received one _after_ it is finished transfer.

  The difference is that the header applies everywhere receiving the
object. The cache access control is limited to that one Squid instance
testing it.

Amos

--
Please be using