Re: [squid-users] squid performance tunning

From: Kaiwang Chen <kaiwang.chen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:59:38 +0800

在 2011年8月18日 下午9:07,Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> 写道:
> On 18/08/11 22:56, Chen Bangzhong wrote:
>> Mean Object Size: 20.61 K
>> maximum_object_size_in_memory 1024 KB
>>
>> So most objects will be save in RAM first, still can't explain why
>> there are so many disk writes.
>>

> Well, I would check the HTTP response headers there. Make sure they are
> containing Content-Length: header. If that is missing Squid is forced to
> assume it will have infinite length and require disk backing for the
> object until it is finished arriving.

Will squid require disk backing despite of the object size, even it is
smaller than the receive buffer?
Not sure what is the default size of receive buffer, is it one of these?
read_ahead_gap 16 KB
tcp_recv_bufsize 0 bytes

> The "Mean Object Size:" metric is measured on completely received and
> stored objects. So does not really account for unknown length objects or
> non-cacheable previous objects.
>
> Amos
> --
> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE9 or 3.1.14
> Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10

Thanks,
Kaiwang