Re: [squid-users] squid performance tunning

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 03:45:02 +1200

On 19/08/11 02:10, Chen Bangzhong wrote:
> thanks.
>
> Before I try the gateway squid solution, I want to change one of my
> squid to use memory cache only. I have 16GB RAM. now cache_mem is set
> to 5GB.
>
> I will try to increase it to 12GB and set cache_dir to null schma. I
> do this because I am sure that my hot objects can be saved in RAM,
> non-hot objects created by robots will stale and the memory will be
> reused.
>
> Is that all I need to set squid to be a memory cache?

You have squid-3.1, so only comment out the cache_dir lines and set
cache_mem to something large. null dir schema no longer exists.

  Remember that cache_mem still has an index to account for and the
usual active traffic buffering stays present. Also that reconfigure will
wipe the RAM cache to empty.

Amos

--
Please be using