RE: [squid-users] Re: squid tproxy problem

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:31:22 -0500

I have had this problem. I have found that part of the problem is that when the iptables rules are entered at the CLI, they are not added in the correct order required for functioning.

I have also seen cases where the client web surfing keeps timing out, and either after timeout or after the client clicks the stop button, the access shows up in the access.log.

I find that I have add the iptables rules via the cli, do an "service iptables save", then "vim /etc/sysconfig/iptables" and rearrange the rules.