Re: [squid-users] Preparing squid training

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:16:27 +1200

On 19/08/11 07:35, Jorge Armando Medina wrote:
> On 08/18/2011 02:03 PM, squidbob wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm planning to prepare squid training which firstly ill give for the
>> local requests then maybe to remote sites or online. Basically it may
>> include teorical knowledge (preknowledge TCIP, squid introduction
>> etc), handson (installation, configuration, different deployment
>> teories, troubleshooting /cases etc). It may also be more divided
>> trainings like basic and advanced. Ill like to have your opsinion
>> about a squid training and any recommendations feedback for preparing
>> it (include this do that etc).
>>
>> Regards
>
> The last months, I have been writting a big manual for squid proxy
> implementations, it is in spanish, I use it for courseware here at the
> company, It is almost everything I know about squid implementation.
>
> The docto is here:
>
> http://tuxjm.net/docs/Manual_de_Instalacion_de_Servidor_Proxy_Web_con_Ubuntu_Server_y_Squid/html-multiples/

Jorge Armando Medina:
  Is this at a stable location I can add to the non-English
documentation index?

Taking a read through some early pages I find its talking about
3.0.STABLE1. You may want to update build examples to the current Ubuntu
Lucid supported release 3.0.STABLE19 and mention why its not documenting
a current 3.x release.

I'd also advise using the squidclient instead of squid3-client and
squid-cgi instead of squid3-cgi packages. They are not related to the
main squid version and these *3 alternative packages have been dropped
in current Debian/Ubuntu versions.

Amos

--
Please be using